In 1969 and 1970, the deluxe woodgrain interior was standard equipment on all Mustang Shelby’s and Mach 1’s.
Woodgrain interior consisted of the following:
- Moulded door panels with a simulated woodgrain applique, applied over the aluminum trim panels.
- Woodgrain applique applied to the rear interior quarter panels on the Mustang Grandes and Mustang Convertibles with deluxe interior.
- Woodgrain applique applied over the instrument cluster bezel.
- Woodgrain applique applied over the right hand side (passenger side) dash pod/clock bezel.
- Woodgrain trim applied to the center console.
- Woodgrain applique applied to the radio bezel or the radio delete bezel (a radio bezel without a hole cut for the radio…so basically just a bezel with a hole for the heat and A/C controls).
Surprisingly, a lot of Boss 302’s and Boss 429’s came only with standard interior and fewer options.
There were nearly 60 interior color and trim schemes available. Wow…that’s a lot of choices!